6 tips for making your own soups
With Thermomix®, making soup has never been so easy:
1) Chop vegetables for a few seconds on speed 4 or 5, depending on whether you'll be blending the soup or keeping it chunky.
2) Sauté the chopped vegetables in a little oil or butter to release the flavours.
3) Cook in broth or water. With precise temperature control, it will never boil over.
4) Steam meat, fish, extra vegetables or dumplings in the Varoma while the soup cooks, to add at the end or for another part of the meal. Learn more about multi-level cooking here.
5) To thicken your soup, add a small quantity of potatoes or rice, or ground pulses such as chickpeas (no soaking is needed, simply grind into flour in your Thermomix®).
6) Blend to a smooth, velvety finish (Thermomix® is famous for its powerful blending!) or keep it chunky if you'd prefer.
Keep in mind: when you blend hot liquids, increase the speed gradually to avoid sudden splashing.