Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Duck breast à l`orange
- 1850 g water, plus extra to submerge bags
- 30 g freshly squeezed lemon juice or 1 tsp ascorbic acid (see Tips)
- 2 duck breasts (approx. 250-350 g, 3 cm thickness), skin on and scored
- 2 - 3 pinches salt, to taste
- 2 - 3 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oranges, zest and juice of 1 orange, 1 orange cut into 6 slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 eschalot, cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
Orange zabaglione and serving
- ¼ tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 2 pinches ground white pepper, plus extra to taste
- 1 pinches ground cayenne pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- salt, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 6176.3 kJ / 1470.6 kcal
- 51.3 g
- 11.1 g
- 137.2 g
- 4.5 g