1. Easily find which recipes are compatible with your Thermomix®
At the top of each recipe you'll see a label indicating whether the recipe is suitable for Thermomix® TM31,Thermomix® TM5, Thermomix® TM6 and/or Thermomix Friend®. You can click on the label to find more information.
Please ensure you choose recipes that are compatible with your Thermomix® device.
When searching for recipes, use the Cookidoo® search filter to select the model or additional device that you are using (TM31, TM5, TM6 or Thermomix Friend®).
2. Be aware of the different mixing bowl sizes!
Be careful using Thermomix® TM5 or TM6 recipes in a Thermomix® TM31 as the bowl and Varoma are smaller. If recipes are not adapted correctly, it could be dangerous (e.g. hot liquids splashing)
3. Considerations for Thermomix® TM31 users
If you come across a Thermomix® TM5 or TM6 recipe that is also compatible with the Thermomix® TM31, please bear in mind the following:
∙ Select Varoma instead of 120°C
120°C is not a valid setting on the Thermomix® TM31, but Varoma will achieve similar results
∙ TM5 and TM6 close their lid automatically
Ensure you close the lid of your TM31 manually
∙ TM5 and TM6 set 'reverse' automatically
Ensure you set and cancel 'reverse' manually on the Thermomix® TM31 as this is not automatically changed
4. TM6 exclusive recipes
• Thermomix® TM6 comes with additional cooking features, some of which are available manually from the modes screen (such as Sous-vide, Slow cook, Fermentation), others which are exclusive to TM6 recipes (Higher Temp, Sugar stages)
• These modes are not available on TM5 or TM31. As a result, a TM6 recipe that relies on these modes cannot be prepared on a TM5 or TM31
• TM6 reaches higher temperatures than TM5 and TM31
• TM6 recipes cannot be synced to a TM5
• If you wish to cook manually from Cookidoo® (without relying on Guided Cooking) please refer to the TM version label on the recipe to ensure it is compatible with your Thermomix®.
5. Tips for Thermomix Friend® users
Thermomix Friend® is designed to be used with Thermomix® TM5 and TM6.
• Recipes developed for Thermomix Friend® are marked with a specific label.
• If you are cooking your own recipes, please consider the following:
o Thermomix Friend® only stirs on speed 1 and speed 2.
o It can be heated to a maximum temperature of 120ºC (Varoma).
o Thermomix Friend® can be set to a maximum time of 2 hours.
o The mixing knife always rotates in reverse direction.
• Thermomix Friend® is configured for a TM6 mixing bowl as the standard. To use a TM5 mixing bowl, find the bowl detection switch on the underside of your Thermomix Friend®, make sure that the device is switched off and unplugged, and put the switch into the TM5 position by using a utensil such as a wooden spoon handle.
• Thermomix® TM5 and TM6 accessories can be used with Thermomix Friend®: Varoma, spatula, simmering basket, blade cover, butterfly whisk and measuring cup.
6. Cooking with books and magazines
The same rules apply to cooking with recipes from books and magazines. Always ensure you check which Thermomix® model or device the recipes have been written for.