Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 40 g dried black fungus (see Tips)
- 1050 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 20 g oil
- 2 - 3 fresh red chillies, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 spring onion/shallot, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 150 g carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 100 g canned bamboo shoots, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour
- 80 g Chinese black vinegar (see Tips)
- 70 g Shaoxing wine
- 40 g soy sauce
- ½ - 1 tsp ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g silken tofu, cut into thin strips
- sesame oil, for drizzling
- per 1 portion
- 1310 kJ / 312 kcal
- 15.7 g
- 10.3 g
- 21.1 g
- 6.3 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Beetroot soup (gut health)
Miso chicken noodle soup (gut health)
Turmeric chicken bone broth (gut health)
Avgolemono (chicken soup with egg and lemon)
1h 15 min