Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 120 g onions, quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 300 g beef (blade, shank, chuck or brisket), diced (2-3 cm)
- 75 g streaky bacon, cured and smoked, cut in strips (1 cm)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 g carrots, sliced (2 cm)
- 200 g red wine, full-bodied
- 150 g water
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley)
- 100 g button mushrooms, brushed and sliced
- 1 - 2 tsp cornflour (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1785 kJ / 427 kcal
- 42.2 g
- 11.7 g
- 23.4 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Korean Fried Chicken
3h 10 min
Braised Lamb Shanks with Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Mash - Stinco d'agnello con purè di patate all'aglio e parmigiano
3h 20 min
Sausage and Bacon Casserole