and decorate it, too! They say we eat with our eyes first, and what could be more enticing than a beautifully decorated cake luring you into its decadence?
Before you get to baking, there are some basic tools you’ll need to ensure a flawless finish:
• Rotating cake turntable to help keep your creation steady for icing, piping, smoothing or creating more detailed designs
• Serrated cake or bread knife for leveling and splitting layers
• Offset palette knife for applying frosting evenly
• Pastry bag with tips for decorating
• Cake smoother for smoothing frosting and making decorative markings and patterns
• And of course, your trusty Thermomix®, for expertly blending frosting and creams and whipping fluffy cake batter
Tropical Fruit Orange Cake
Almond and Matcha Cake
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Brownie Cake
Black forest cake
Cream Cheese Icing
Chocolate icing (ganache)
Before you tackle decorating the cake, it’s important to have a good foundation, so follow these important tips for ensuring the most delicious base to unleash your creativity.
• Read the whole recipe before you begin.
• Gather all your ingredients together first to make sure you aren’t missing anything because interrupting the process could cause your cake to flop.
• Bring all your cold ingredients to room temperature (butter and eggs). This is a crucial step so your batter doesn’t break.
The most important thing is to have fun. Don’t be afraid to experiment with unique designs, cut-outs, and topping combinations. Adding your own personal touches to your cake makes it special and with Thermomix®, you’re guaranteed a quality outcome every time.
Chocolate truffle cake
Chocolate bean cake with coconut butter cream frosting
Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Milk Chocolate and Banana Cake