Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Steamed quince pudding with spiced syrup
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g white sugar
- 1000 g water
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 vanilla bean, split into halves lengthways
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 slices fresh ginger (2-3 mm each), peeled
- 1 star anise
- 350 g quince (approx. 2-3 quinces), peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- ½ tsp ground cardamom, plus extra for sprinkling
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 60 g blanched almonds
- 2 pieces orange zest (1 x 7 cm), no white pith
- 50 g white sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 80 g self-raising flour
- double cream or crème fraîche, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 1441.4 kJ / 343.2 kcal
- 6.8 g
- 44.3 g
- 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5.4 g
- 7.2 g
- 249.8 mg