Fish full of flavour
Hot or cold, salty or slightly sweet, as a marinade or an accompaniment, these sauces will gloriously melt in your mouth.
3 classic sauces
A fish cooked perfectly with Thermomix®, some bread … round off the plate impeccably with the help of these classics:
• Mayonnaise. There are two schools of thought: those who enjoy it with cold fish and those who are not afraid to serve it with a hot dish.
• White butter sauce: a must when it comes to fish and shellfish, but also perfect with steamed potatoes and carrots!
• Tartar sauce: all at once sweet and spicy, completes the top trio of favourite condiments to accompany fish.
As exotic as you dare, marinades are fond of far-flung ingredients when it comes to fish. Passion fruit, lemongrass, soy sauce … so many products in charge of “cooking” the fragile flesh of the fish.
The only golden rule to follow: time! No more than 30 minutes of marinating, otherwise the fish will become too firm. The finer the fish is cut, the less time it needs to marinate.
• Preparing a warm sauce in your Thermomix®? Take the opportunity to cook your fish in the Varoma at the same time!
• Cold sauces require patience: one night in the refrigerator allows them to blend all their flavours perfectly.
• Be careful with eggs: egg-based sauces are the most delicate. Be sure to follow our advice in the Cookidoo® recipes to preserve them in the best possible conditions.
• Be daring! This especially applies to your marinades. If you’re just starting out, olive oil is an excellent base. You can then flavour it (with dried tomatoes, garlic, Provençal herbs etc.) to give your fish some sunshine!